Last Updated: December 2023
Discord is a free chat, voice, and video chat app. You can even stream games and videos for your followers/friends to view. Discord is ranked #8 in the US Play Store, and these statistics show that 30.26% of all Discord users belong to the USA.
Furthermore, Discord experienced 850 million messages every day through direct messages and servers.
According to bankmycell.com, Discord is expected to have approximately 26.5 million daily active users this year. The projections indicate a projected growth rate of 18.86% in daily active users from 2023 to 2025.
If you are looking for some eye-catching Discord stats, this post will walk you through the following Discord statistics for 2023.
Key Discord Statistics 2023
- Discord daily active users are estimated at 26.5 million in 2023.
- Discord monthly active users count at 154 million as of January 2023.
- In 2022, Discord annual revenue amounted to $220 Million approx from its paid subscriptions.
- Discord paid users count at 1 million approximately until 2020.
- $15 billion is the estimated Discord net worth as of Feb 2023.
- Discord demographics – 79.46% of discord users are male and the other 20.54% are female.
Discord User Stats 2023
- Discord has 154 million active users in 2023.
- Discord has more than 20 million active users.
- Discord currently has approximately 563 Million registered users as of Jan 2023.
- Discord saw a rise of 50 million users from 2020(100 million) to 2021(150 million)
- The average US user spends 280.6 minutes (approx 5 hours) on Discord.
- Discord saw approximately 801 Million monthly website visits until Feb 2023.
- At the start of 2023, Discord saw a 23.46% growth in users.
- 78% of Discord users claim to use the app for non-gaming activities.
- Discord Servers host 4 billion minutes of conversation every day.
Discord Yearly Active Users 2023
As of 2023, the number of registered Discord users has surpassed 563 million, with 154 million of them being active users per year.
Discord Monthly Active Users
Discord has 154 million monthly active users in 2023.
Source: Business of Apps, Statista.com
Recommended: Bumble Revenue and Usage Statistics 2022
Discord Daily Active Users (DAUs)
Discord daily active users are estimated at 26.5 million in 2023. The app had 14 million active users in 2019.
Source: Business Of Apps
How Many Paid Users Does Discord Have?
Discord services are free of cost. Though users can still purchase their nitro plan which helps in bigger data upload, HD videos, and many more.
Approximately 1 million users have availed of the Nitro service until 2020, and the valuation of the Nitro service is estimated to be $207 million until now.
Discord App Revenue
According to the last update, Discord generated approximately $220 million in revenue in 2022 from its premium membership subscriptions.
Source: Business of Apps, Signhouse
What Percentage of Discord Users Pay?
Though the service is free still some users pay to avail of extra services like HD videos. Only 0.67% (1 million/150 million) of current users pay for the service.
How Much Has Discord Raised Through Its VC Funding?
With a total of 16 disclosed funding rounds so far, Discord has raised an overall $995.4 Million with their latest funding raised in March 2022.
How Much is Discord Worth?
With tons of active users and operational servers, Discord net worth has reached $15 billion which is almost double its last valuation.
|November 2013||$2.34 Million|
|February 2015||$48.5 Million|
|January 2016||$108.42 Million|
|June 2016||$282.28 Million|
|January 2017||$725 Million|
|April 2018||$1.65 Billion|
|December 2018||$2.05 Billion|
|June 2020||$3.5 Billion|
|December 2020||$7 Billion|
|February 2023||$15 Billion|
Source: CB Insights, Earthweb
Recommended: Hulu Revenue and Usage Statistics 2022
Discord App Downloads
Approximately how many downloads does Discord have to date? It has accumulated around 24.5 million downloads till the last update.
Discord Server Statistics
Discord’s active server in 2022 was 19 Million.
Most Famous Discord Servers
With more than 800+ thousand members, Fortnite owns the biggest server on Discord.
|Server Name||Server Subscribers|
|Live Insaan||486, 053|
|Anime Soul Discord||476,664|
|TWO SIDE GAMERS||413,668|
|Servidor do Goularte||408,367|
During the first quarter of the year 2022, Discord had 79.46% of male users with female users being only 20.54%.
Discord Generation Stats
- The average age of Discord users is between 18-24.
- The most frequent Discord website visitors constitute 39.52% and are of same age group, 18-24.
Discord Users by Country
Discord is used most by the citizens of the USA (30.26%) and the least in France(3.36%). Discord is also banned in China.
Discord Usage Among US Teens
3% of US teenagers reported that Discord is their favorite social platform.
Recently, Discord acquired Gas, a social media app that is built for teenagers around the idea of positive compliments. It gained immense popularity with 1 Million+ active users in just 2 months.
Recommended: Who owns most of the Twitter stock?
Discord App Reviews
On average Discord has a 4.1/5⭐ rating with more than 5 Million reviews.
Source: Sensor Tower
How Much Does Discord Cost a Month?
Most of the services of Discord are free, though if you want to send files larger than a particular size or rep your support then you can subscribe between Nitro Basic or Nitro Premium plans. These are available for custom prices.
Midjourney AI Tool Discord Bot
What is Midjourney AI?
Midjourney is an independent research lab that works on exploring new ways to expand human imaginative powers and thoughts.
In simple words, Midjourney is an AI tool that generates image artwork based on human text inputs. Users can describe in words what they want the Midjourney AI art generator to create, and then AI creates sample images. The process is referred to as “Text to Image” AI art and the text descriptions used to command the AI are known as “Text Prompts.”
Here are some examples of artworks generated by the Midjourney AI tool:
Midjourney Discord Server
Midjourney runs a Discord server bot (Midjourney AI beta) that users can interact with using Midjourney commands through Discord’s chat input. There are several Midjourney commands that you can use to interact with the AI bot. For example, use /ask to get an answer to a question, /imagine to generate an image using a text prompt, etc.
Midjourney Discord Statistics 2023
- Midjourney received over 29 million of traffic in Jan 2023.
- 70% of Midjourney users are male.
- 63% of Midjourney users are 34 years old or younger.
- Midjouney Discord server has over 12 million users as of March 2023.
- Midjourney’s Twitter handle has over 196k followers as of March 2023.
- On an estimate, Midjourney generates around $750,000 in revenue every month.
Source – Similarweb, Discord, Twitter, Tokenizedhq.com
Discord Alternatives 2023
Just like Discord, there are two other famous apps Slack and Microsoft teams.
Discord vs Slack
Slack is more of a messaging app for business whereas Discord is used for gaming, streaming, and more. Slack has limited features and to avail of more features, you need to purchase their plans whereas Discord is free.
Slack and Discord Usage Statistics
- Slack has 156,000 paying customers as of 2021 and Discord had 1 million paying customers then.
- Slack has 32.3 million daily active users whereas Discord’s daily active messages count up to 850 Million.
- 156,000 organizations use Slack, whereas Discord has 560 Million registered users.
Discord vs Teams
Like Discord, Microsoft Teams is a video, voice, and chat app. It’s more of a formal app usually used by organizations and colleges.
Microsoft Teams and Discord Statistics
- Microsoft team has 270 million daily active users whereas Discord processes 4 Billion minutes of conversation and 850 Million messages every day.
- Microsoft team has 72% male users whereas Discord has 79.46%, male users.
- Microsoft team is available in 181 countries and Discord in 60 countries.
How many users did Discord have in 2016?
According to Hammer & Chisel’s report, Discord had a user base of 3 million people in Jan 2016, experiencing a monthly growth rate of 1 million. By July of that year, the user count had reached 11 million. Subsequently, in December 2016, the company reported a global user base of 25 million.
That’s all from us on Discord Stats 2023.
Hopefully, you would have gained some new pieces of information that could assist you. The platform does not provide enough information but still, we have done our best and found some of the most relevant and fresh stats.
However, if you still think that we have missed something important, then do let us know in our comments and we will try our best to add them.