GrooveHQ is one of the popular customer service tools built for customer email management.
Groove can be a good tool for your team if you serve your customers only through email. But that’s probably not the case as today’s omnipresent consumers use multiple channels to contact a company’s customer support.
So if you’re looking for a GrooveHQ alternative or competitor, we can help you choose the best one for your business.
In this post, we will walk you through:
1. Limited to email management
GrooveHQ functionality is limited to managing customer email. If you’re using Groove HQ, you would need another tool for your other customer support channels. Better you go for a help desk software that supports multiple channels, be it live chat, email, phone, or social media.
2. Single-user access in the starter plan
In the starter plan which costs $22/month, only one user can access the GrooveHQ. You will have to pay an extra $22/month for every user you add. So, it may get a bit expensive as your team expands.
3. No customer portal
Providing a self-service customer portal is the need of the hour. In fact, 70% of consumers expect a company’s website to include a self-service application. So, it’s a brainer to look for a customer support tool that allows you to build a self-service portal. But Groove is a tool that is mainly about shared inboxes and email management.
GrooveHQ is primarily built to help small businesses handle their email support. Do not be surprised if GrooveHq fails to fulfill your customer support team’s needs as you scale.
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Re: amaze
- Jira Service Desk
- Zoho Desk
- ProProfs Helpdesk
Being a cloud-based and unified customer service platform, Helplama Helpdesk allows you to support customers through multiple customer support channels, be it live chat, phone, email, and social media.
Helplama’s AI system for managing returns and e-mail drafting will significantly reduce your team’s workload and increase productivity.
It’s also one of the few platforms in this industry that offer Automated Agent Training based on YOUR past customer interactions/tickets.
- You will have access to an e-commerce marketplace where you can hire tested customer service professionals.
- It detects delays and problems with your customers’ orders automatically.
- Your agents can view all customer interactions and information in a single window using the helpdesk.
- Some workflow issues were discovered by users, which have since been resolved.
Reamaze is an integrated platform for customer service, help desk, and live chat solutions.
It has been shortlisted in the “Emerging Favorite List” in 2022 of Capterra under the category of Help Desk Software.
After trying their free trial for 14 days, you can opt for any of their paid plans as follows:
- Basic – $29/agent/month.
- Pro – $49/agent/month.
- Plus – $69/agent/month.
- The chat widget has an integrated knowledge base.
- Multi-channel support.
- You can create “Intents” (an NLP/ML-based feature) that can be used as automated workflow triggers.
- Ideal for only startups and small businesses.
Jira Service Desk is a full-featured service desk platform designed to provide efficient customer support solutions. Key features of the tool include automated routing, multi-channel communication, real-time chat, and so on.
Jira’s CSAT reporting can also help you better understand and analyze your service process. Moreover, it allows you to configure a self-service portal to empower your customers and reduce the workload on your team.
- It includes numerous integrations to help you streamline your service system.
- A limited free version is available.
- Powerful dashboard customization tool.
- No option for integrating social media channels.
- According to several users, there is a steep learning curve.
- If your agent deletes a ticket by mistake, it cannot be recovered.
HelpCruch is another popular helpdesk that has been recognized as a “Leader” in Customer Chat Software by Crozdesk in 2022.
They provide a 14-day free trial. After that, you can start with the following plans:
- Basic – $12/agent/month.
- Pro – $20/agent/month.
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing
- A dedicated knowledge base that offers self-service for customers.
- Provides customer history, customer segmentation, and customer service analytics.
- Multichannel and multilingual communication.
- Workflow automation is not available.
- Real-time notifications are not provided.
This GrooveHQ alternative has been voted for Best ROI by G2 many times.
HelpScout provides a 15-day free trial. After that, the pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Standard– $20/agent/month.
- Content management options.
- Customizations are available for fields and templates.
- Knowledge base management options.
- It does not initiate proactive chats like Helplama.
- No chatbot feature is available.
- No Real-time notifications are provided.
Zoho Desk is an all-in-one help desk ticketing system that enables you to provide faster and more effective customer support. It is simple to set up and highly customizable. Zoho comes with an easy-to-use ticketing view that facilitates team collaboration.
Additionally, it includes automation features that make it simple to manage a large number of customer interactions.
- In comparison to the GrooveHQ, the Zoho desk is very reasonably priced.
- The knowledge base articles are integrated with the ticket description to provide useful articles that may answer the user’s question.
- It includes a wide variety of customization options that can be tailored to your specific company’s requirements.
- Because there are so many features available, it can be a little intimidating at first.
- If you are unfamiliar with the features, it will most likely be difficult to implement some custom functions.
- There aren’t many custom fields for web forms.
ProProfs Help Desk is a multi-functional help desk software that is suitable for both small and large enterprises. This help desk ticketing system is best known for its ability to generate reports that show you how well your support team is performing and how satisfied your customers are with the support experience. You will also have access to additional tools such as a knowledge base, a survey maker, training, and so on.
- You can easily configure ProProfs’ shared inbox with your company’s email account.
- It includes a ticket prioritizing feature that assists in identifying the most critical issues that may impact business productivity first.
- The helpdesk has a simple layout and an easy-to-use user interface.
- This ProProfs Help Desk does not have an integrated mobile app.
- No option to merge multiple tickets.
- The options for integrating with third-party tools are limited.
Gorgias is a GrooveHQ alternative that enables your team to manage your entire support system from one location. It is a customer support platform that is geared toward e-commerce businesses. We’ve discovered that configuring Gorgias is a straightforward and quick process. Another noteworthy feature is that with all of the Gorgias integrations available, agents will not have to switch between tools.
- This tool can be used to manage multiple channels, such as SMS and social media.
- It is possible to integrate a wide range of e-commerce apps with Gorgias.
- Gorgias has a comprehensive reporting section that displays volume, agent details, tags, channels, and satisfaction.
- Workflows can be difficult to set up.
- There have been reports of downtime online.
- The software could benefit from more functionality and the ability to customize features.
If you are looking for a multifunctional but simple helpdesk and ticketing system software, then Freshdesk might be the platform for you. It puts customers in charge by providing the support they expect through their preferred channel. The ticket dispatch function, which uses keywords to automatically assign tickets to appropriate agents in your team, is a standout feature. Freshdesk’s helpdesk system also includes knowledge base management capabilities.
- You can easily set up automation rules on frequent use cases.
- The platform has an excellent cost-performance ratio.
- The free version provides enough bandwidth to easily run complex operations.
- Freshdesk’s knowledge-addition process is slightly more labor-intensive than other options on the market.
- Freshdesk’s ability to integrate into multiple channels is somewhat limited.
- Freshdesk has a steep learning curve and can be difficult to use for inexperienced users.
Intercom is a CRM tool that provides an all-in-one solution for your customer’s journey. It has a unified platform for your sales, marketing, and support teams. It has been shortlisted as an “Established Player” by Capterra in the categories of Live Chat Software and Customer Engagement Software in 2022.
The pricing plans for this tool are as follows:
- Support – Custom pricing
- Engage – Custom pricing
- Convert – Custom pricing
- Starter Plan – $74/month (special plan for very small businesses).
- Their chatbot, ‘Resolution Bot’ comes with the feature of sentiment detection.
- Enables you to create a self-service portal for customers in multiple languages.
- Provides the feature of data import/export.
- Does not provide a free version, and the free trial option is available only for very small businesses.
- The “Complaint Monitoring” feature is not available.
- Widgets are not provided.
Crisp is a one-stop solution for your customer service, marketing, and sales requirements.
A 14-day free trial is provided by this GrooveHQ alternative. After that, you can opt for either their free or paid plans. The pricing is categorized as follows:
- Pro – $25/month/inbox
- Unlimited – $95/month/inbox
- The audience targeting feature is available.
- Customer segmentation can be done.
- The network monitoring feature is provided.
- Does not provide feedback management.
- Automated responses are unavailable.
- The complaint monitoring feature is absent.
A customer service tool must fulfill your business requirements and align with your company’s objectives. While GrooveHQ is a good email management tool for small businesses, its services may not align with your company’s best interests.
So before choosing a GrooveHQ alternative, you need to be aware of your own business goals and objectives. Once you’re clear about your aims, figure out which out of these top GrooveHQ alternatives checks out the most boxes and aligns with your business needs.
Stand out from your competitors by providing exceptional customer service to your clients with Helplama Helpdesk.